Creamy Tomato & Chicken Pasta
Ingredients – Serves 2
1 tbsp olive oil (or oil from jarred sundried tomatoes)
2 cloves garlic, minced
50g sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tbsp Tarantella Tomato Puree
300g leftover roast chicken (or cooked chicken breast), chopped into chunks
200g cherry tomatoes
250ml Tarantella Tomato Passata
200g gluten free pasta
- Add the olive oil, minced garlic, dried oregano and chopped sundried tomatoes to a high sided frying pan and cook for a couple of minutes over a low heat. Meanwhile, get your gluten free spaghetti cooking, per the packet instructions.
- Next add the Tarantella Tomato Puree, chicken pieces and cherry tomatoes to the pan, turn the heat up to medium and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Pour the Tarantella Tomato Passata into the pan, followed by the mascarpone, and stir through. Heat for 5 minutes until the mascarpone has melted through the sauce.
- Place the spinach leaves on top of the sauce and place a lid on the pan (if you don’t have a lid not worries, simply stir the leaves through to wilt them) and steam for a couple of minutes until they have wilted. Then stir the spinach through the sauce. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain your pasta and add to the pan with the sauce. Stir through to coat the pasta with that lovely rich tomato sauce, then serve immediately.
Recipe by My Gluten Free Guide.