What you'll need
For the soup
4 red peppers, de-seeded and chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
1 large red onion sliced up finely
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp sun dried tomato paste
1 can Tarantella chopped tomatoes
350ml veg stock
1 tsp sea salt and black pepper
Top with—extra virgin olive oil, basil, black pepper
A swirl of yogurt—optional
How to make it
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C
- Firstly roast the peppers by adding them along with the olive oil, salt, and pepper to a medium baking tray and roasting in the oven for approx 20 minutes or until soft and a little brown on the edges. Set aside.
- In the meantime—add olive oil and red onion on a medium saucepan and fry for 8–10 minutes until soft.
- Add the spices and garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Now add all the remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
- When the peppers are ready, add them to the pan and cook for a further minute.
- Turn off the heat and blitz to smooth and creamy with an immersion blender or food processor. Season well.
Top with fresh basil and drizzle with olive oil.
Perfect for batch cooking for lunches — you can double the amounts and freeze
If you love this dish you’ll love these too:
Transform curry night! Our creamy butter chicken, made with our Tarantella Organic Chopped Tomatoes is sure to be a family fakeaway favourite.
Authentic Homemade Pizzas
Time for a pizza party? Topped with Tarantella Organic Passata and Puree these homemade pizzas deliver a mouth-watering taste of Italy.