Transform curry night! Our creamy butter chicken, made with our Tarantella Organic Chopped Tomatoes is sure to be a family fakeaway favourite.
What you'll need
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp crushed garlic
1x400g tin Tarantella Organic Chopped Tomatoes
710ml double cream
2 tsp salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp garam masala
680g skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized chunks
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp tandoori masala
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Melt a few tablespoons of butter in a heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic and cook slowly and gently until the onion caramelises to a dark brown. It should take around 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a saucepan over a medium-high heat, along with the Tarantella tomatoes, cream, salt, cayenne pepper and garam masala. Bring these ingredients to simmer, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for a further 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the caramelised onions towards the end.
- While the sauce is simmering, toss the cubed chicken breast in the vegetable oil until well coated, then season with the tandoori masala and spread evenly onto a baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken cubes in the oven for about 12-15 minutes. When cooked through, add the cooked spiced chicken to the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with plain boiled basmati rice and naan bread.
If you love this dish you’ll love these too:
Sweet and Sour Monkfish
A tantalising mix of sweet and sour! Stir up a delicious dinner tonight with your choice of fish.
Chilli Con Carne
Turn up the heat! A firm favourite, this Chilli Con Carne is packed with warming flavours and spice.