Full-of-flavour! These easy to make vegetable puff pastry tarts, transform lunchtime from the mundane to the magnificent.
What you'll need
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 courgette (thinly sliced and halved)
1 red pepper (thinly sliced)
1 yellow pepper (thinly sliced)
1 red onion (halved and thinly sliced)
1 teaspoon of harissa paste plus more for garnishing
100g Tarantella passata
50g Tarantella tomato puree
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 rolls of puff pastry
60 feta or dairy free alternative (crumbled)
Fresh basil (chopped)
Egg wash or maple syrup
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180ºc and line 2 large or 3 small baking trays with parchment paper or foil.
- Scatter the sliced peppers, courgette and red onion onto the trays. Drizzle with olive oil and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a bowl combine harissa paste, passata, tomato puree and salt.
- Next roll out the two sheets of puff pastry and cut them into circles or shapes of choice. Carefully score around the edges around 5mm in.
- Spread the tomato mixture inside the line and when the vegetables are ready assemble them on top.
- Top with the crumbled feta and either use egg wash or maple syrup to go around the edges. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with more harissa and chopped basil should you wish. Enjoy!
Recipe by What Luce Eats
If you love this dish you’ll love these too:
Tuna Tomato Melt
Level up your lunch! These Tuna Melts are quick, and simple to make so will be on the table in no time.
Wholesome and warming! Packed full of veggies and a variety of different beans for added depth and texture.
Sausage Lentil Braise
Great served with a green salad and crusty bread! We’ve taken sausage and mash to the next level with this dish.
Transform curry night! Our creamy butter chicken, made with our Tarantella Organic Chopped Tomatoes is sure to be a family fakeaway favourite.
Chilli Con Carne
Turn up the heat! A firm favourite, this Chilli Con Carne is packed with warming flavours and spice.