What you'll need
For the peppers
4 red, orange, or yellow peppers
250g cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
Big pinch of sea salt
For the rice
1 tbsp olive oil
2 leeks, cleaned and chopped
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 – 2 tbsp harissa paste
250g cooked rice of choice
1 can Tarantella peeled plum tomatoes
70g green olives chopped up—optional
1 tsp sea salt
Fresh herbs; basil, thyme, or dill
Mixed leaf salad and fresh bread on the side
How to make it
- Pre-heat your oven to 180c
- Firstly, cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and stalk.
- Add the peppers to a large baking tray and drizzle with oil and season.
- In another pan, add the cherry tomatoes and drizzle with oil and season.
- Bake both for 30 minutes, then remove from the oven. Set aside.
- In the meantime—fry the leeks in olive oil until soft, then add the garlic. Fry for a further minute or so.
- Now add all the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Finally, spoon the rice filling into the baked peppers and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Top with roast tomatoes and herbs.
If you love this dish you’ll love these too:
Wholesome and warming! Packed full of veggies and a variety of different beans for added depth and texture.
Mix things up. This Gnocchi Bolognese made with Tarantella Chopped Tomatoes is a meat-free dish that everyone can enjoy.
Tuscan Bean and Tomato Soup
It’s Tuscan and it’s Souper! Perfect with a large chunk of crusty bread.