Mediterranean Vegetable Puff Pastry Tarts
Ingredients – Makes 8-10
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 courgette (thinly sliced and halved)
1 red pepper (thinly sliced)
1 yellow pepper (thinly sliced)
1 red onion (halved and thinly sliced)
1 teaspoon of harissa paste plus more for garnishing
100g Tarantella passata
50g Tarantella tomato puree
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 rolls of puff pastry
60 feta or dairy free alternative (crumbled)
Fresh basil (chopped)
Egg wash or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180ºc and line 2 large or 3 small baking trays with parchment paper or foil.
- Scatter the sliced peppers, courgette and red onion onto the trays. Drizzle with olive oil and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a bowl combine harissa paste, passata, tomato puree and salt.
- Next roll out the two sheets of puff pastry and cut them into circles or shapes of choice. Carefully score around the edges around 5mm in.
- Spread the tomato mixture inside the line and when the vegetables are ready assemble them on top.
- Top with the crumbled feta and either use egg wash or maple syrup to go around the edges. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with more harissa and chopped basil should you wish. Enjoy!
Recipe by What Luce Eats