Rich Tomato and Sausage Cassoulet
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
200g bacon lardons
1 onion diced
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 celery sticks, finely diced
2 medium sized carrots, peeled and finely diced
2 400g tins Tarantella organic chopped tomatoes
1 400g can butter beans, drained
240ml chicken stock
2 bay leaves
1 handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
1. In a large deep sided frying pan add the oil and place on a high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the sausages and brown them all over and then remove, pop onto a plate and set aside.
2. To the frying pan add the lardons and cook until golden, remove from the pan and add to the browned sausages.
3. Now add a little more oil to the pan, then add the garlic, onions, celery and carrots and cook until soft and browned.
4. Next add the sausages and lardons back into the pan and then add the Tarantella chopped tomatoes, butter beans, chicken stock, bay leaves and parsley. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 35 minutes.
5. Once cooked, remove from the heat, check the seasoning and then leave to cool.
Ready to freeze
Once cooled, add to a large reusable freezer bag and freeze flat.
Ready to eat
Remove from the freezer and leave to defrost. Once defrosted, pour into a saucepan and reheat until piping hot.
Recipe by The Batch Lady