Chipotle Jackfruit Bowls with Charred Peppers and Corn
Ingredients – Serves 3
1 tin jackfruit (drained weight 300g)
1 x 70g Tarantella Organic Tomato Puree
½ – 1 tsp chipotle paste250g dried Puy lentils, rinsed
1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1 red pepper, in strips
1 corn cob, chopped off the cob
Salt and pepper
120g quinoa/bulgar wheat/rice
3 handfuls salad leaves
3 tbsp coconut yoghurt
Fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180Fan/200*C and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain the jackfruit and break it apart gently with your hands. Add to a large mixing bowl with the Tarantella Tomato Puree, chipotle paste, 1 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp smoked paprika, ½ tsp ground cumin and some salt and pepper. Mix well and then lay on half of the baking tray.
- To the same bowl, add the pepper and sweetcorn along with the 1 tsp olive oil, ½ tsp smoked paprika, ½ tsp ground cumin and some salt and pepper. Toss again and add to the other half of the baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes, then break up the jackfruit with a fork and toss the pepper and corn around. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Cook the grains according to packet instructions.
- Divide the salad leaves between 3 bowls and add the cooked grains. Add on the charred pepper and corn and add the chipotle jackfruit. Top with some coconut yoghurt, fresh coriander, sesame seeds and tortilla chips.
- Leftovers will keep in separate airtight containers in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Recipe by Nourishing Amy.